Thursday, February 9, 2012

Follow Friday Feature

Follow Friday is a meme hosted by  Parajunkee and Allison Can Read, that allows you to meet new bloggers and make new followers.

Q. What would you prefer: reading your favorite book over and over again until you got sick of it OR reading 100s of mediocre books? And why?


A. I have approximately 40 authors that I follow on a regular basis and last year I read nearly 500 books some were god awful, some were amazingly good. The authors I follow normally come out with 1-2 books a year depending on their contractual obligations. My tastes are eclectic ranging from Urban Fantasy, to Mystery, to Thriller, to Historical Romances. If I come across a so called mediocre book, I won't hesitate to drop the series and move onto something alot better.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Shelley!;) I love the new blog look!;) Mariya is awesome! I'm goad it worked out for you!;))

    Happy FF
    The Stacia & Stacey Banner looks so cool on your page!;) I <3 it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd read my favorite book over and over and over!

    New follower! Here's my Follow Friday Post

    Happy weekend!
    -JoAnne @ The Fairytale Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do wonder about getting sick of my favourite book, but there are always new angles and nuances to discover. Besides, I just can't bring myself to waste time with mediocre reads.

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Fairytale - Thank you for following! Glad to have ya.

    @Bob - Good answer :O) Thanks for responding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower! Wow! 500 books last year? I wish I could get through that many in a year! I am not a re-reader so this question was tough. Here is my FF if you'd like to follow back: http://www.theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/02/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, I don't think there's much to lose when reading mediocre books either.

    Hope you're able to stop by and participate in my Swirls eBook giveaway!

    Preet @ AWR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kary and Preet! Thank you so much for participating in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. Wow, that's a lot of authors. I'm not sure how many authors I follow.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alison :) Happy that you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete