Sunday, September 2, 2012

Early Review - In A Fix by Linda Grimes



Ciel Halligan is known as an aura adapter. She's a facilitator, or an intrepid fixer of other people’s problems who can insert herself into their lives, and in turn, make their lives better or worse depending on the situation. It's too bad that she couldn't fix her own life which is full of trials and tribulations!

Ciel is a very stubborn character who refuses to listen to her step-cousin/nemesis Billy Doyle, or her brother’s best friend Mark who works for the CIA when they attempt to keep her out of trouble. She ends up getting involved in things, like strange Vikings who want to enhance the male population with steroids, because she just can't stay away from trouble.

Even though Ciel is something of a problem child, she is also fun, snarky, and has her moments under the sun. I found myself laughing at her antics and rolling my eyes at her indecision when it comes to the men in her life. Yet, her heart was in the right place more times than not.

Aura adapting is an intriguing idea to me. You can pretty much shift into any person you want to just by touching them. Billy and Mark form a lover’s triangle with Ciel and I’m not sure which character I would choose at this point. Both of them have their ups and downs and yet being a step cousin is something of a turn off to me.

In a Fix is a unique story in that adapters aren’t actually supernatural characters like werewolves or shape shifters, but actual humans who have the ability to be someone else for a while.
 
In a Fix is the debut novel by Linda Grimes. Grimes second novel, Quick Fix, releases sometime in 2013.



Recvd from Tor/Forge via Netgalley.com 07/03/2012.
Pub Date: September 04, 2012
ISBN: 9780765331809 


1 comment:

  1. I really loved this book, well I love chick lit books, and this one is a mix between a lot of genres I think. I can't wait to know more about the second one.

    ReplyDelete