Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and we all share our thoughts on that topic!
This weeks Topic is:
Top Ten Worst Movie Adaptations
1. The Da Vinci Code (2006) - although I like Tom Hanks as an actor, this adaptation totally bombed. I could also name Angel's & Demons as well.
2. The Great Gatsby (1974) - Although I liked the original movie better than it's current incarnation, it still did not do the book justice.
3. Memoirs of a Geisha (2005) - I might be in the minority on this one, but the movie just totally put me to sleep.
4. Bonfire of the Vanities (1990) - Sorry Tom! What was a drama filled book, turned into a comedy of witless wonders.
5. The Time Traveler's Wife (2009) - Problem with most adaptions is that the book is normally far more intense and extensive than the movie is. You can't fit everything into 2 hours.
6. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008)
7. The Perfect Catch (2005) - Was originally Nick Hornby's Fever Pitch
- Movie swapped Soccer (UK Football) for Baseball
8. Dreamcatcher (2003) - Based on Stephen King's novel, this hot mess is anything but a waste of time and effort put into making this movie.
9. The Scarlet Letter (1995) - two words: Demi Moore
10. The Time Machine (2002) - H.G. Wells must have rolled over in his grave after this total flop hit the movie theaters.