Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and we all share our thoughts on that topic!
This weeks Topic is:
Top Ten Favorite Books With New York City As A Setting!
1. In Death by J.D. Robb - Nora Roberts pseudonym features NYPSD ("New York City Police and Security Department") Lieutenant Eve Dallas and her multi-billionaire husband Roarke and is set in a mid-21st century New York City.
2. The Diviners by Libby Bray - This YA Paranormal is set in the 1920's. It features a girl named Evie O'Neill who besides loving the flapper and party life of New York, can also her Psychometry powers to see things others can't.
3. City of Bones by Cassandra Claire - I mean, HELLO! Why would you NOT include this especially with the movie releasing in a matter of 9 days?
4. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger - Anytime you have anything to do with NYC you MUST have Catcher in the Rye at the top of your list. It is a total classic.
5. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - As with Catcher in the Rye, this classic novel needs to be on any list that features NYC as a setting.
6. If I Stay by Gayle Forman - Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...
7. Heist Society by Ally Carter When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre…to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria…to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own—scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving “the life” for a normal life proves harder than she’d expected.
8. Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh (Guild Hunter Series) Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she is the best- but she does not know if even she is good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention, Elena knows failure is not an option—even if the task is impossible.
9. Midnight's Daughter by Karen Chance - Features Dorina Basarab as a half human, half vampire (Dhampir) who tracks down and eliminates rogue vampires for the council.
10. Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire Ghoulies. Ghosties. Long-legged beasties. Things that go bump in the night... The Price family has spent generations studying the monsters of the world, working to protect them from humanity-and humanity from them. Enter Verity Price. Despite being trained from birth as a cryptozoologist, she'd rather dance a tango than tangle with a demon, and is spending a year in Manhattan while she pursues her career in professional ballroom dance. Sounds pretty simple, right?