Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday 08/14/2013

"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

This weeks choice is-----Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein

I'm waiting on Rose Under Fire because I absolutely adored Code Name Verity. I loved the fact that the setting was World War II and that the main characters were best friends and women. I am hoping that Rose Under Fire has the same awesome characters, and world building especially since it's also set around World War II and from the sounds of the synopsis, it may even be darker in nature. 

While flying an Allied fighter plane from Paris to England, American ATA pilot and amateur poet, Rose Justice, is captured by the Nazis and sent to Ravensbrück, the notorious women's concentration camp. Trapped in horrific circumstances, Rose finds hope in the impossible through the loyalty, bravery and friendship of her fellow prisoners. But will that be enough to endure the fate that’s in store for her?

Elizabeth Wein, author of the critically-acclaimed and best-sellingCode Name Verity, delivers another stunning WWII thriller. The unforgettable story of Rose Justice is forged from heart-wrenching courage, resolve, and the slim, bright chance of survival.

Expected Publication: September 10, 2013 by Disney-Hyperion





10 comments:

  1. The cover alone makes me want to read it... Great choice!

    Here's my WoW.

    Stop by my giveaway if you have a moment!

    Jess @ Such A Novel Idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this book! Good Lord, Code Name Verity made me weep buckets. Like I needed a floaty device to keep me above the waves of my tears! Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Code Name Verity, but it has received so much of praise from readers. I read an ARC review of this one and it looks like it's a winner.
    I hope you enjoy it when you get to it! :)
    Lovely pick!

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I saw this one on NetGalley before, but it's not really my type of read, so I didn't request. Thanks for sharing, though :)
    Waiting on Wednesday
    Giveaways: Paperback of The GAP Club & 5 signed YA books

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time I have seen this book but it sounds great!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    Sharon - http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-insanity-by-susan.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome! Will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really interesting and the cover is intriguing. Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-racing-savannah/

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGSH YES! Read this last month and it was AMAZING!! Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds really good, great pick!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesdy.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm super nervous about picking this one up... I wasn't the hugest fan of Code Name Verity but I'm still intrigued. :)

    ReplyDelete