Monday, December 29, 2014

*Top Ten Tuesday* Top 10 2015 Blogging Goals/Resolutions

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and we all share our thoughts on that topic! I decided it was finally time to jump on board with this wicked fun meme!
\
Top Ten Blogging Goals for 2015

10. Read what I want, when I want, and not be pushed or pulled into panicking because I couldn't find the time to read something I asked for. This basically means that instead of requesting books via NetGalley/Edelweiss and not reading them, I need to focus more on the books I already have, including the 800 plus on my Kindle.

9. Comment back more - Sorry folks :( This is one of my weakest parts of being a blogger. I love everyone who has commented and supported this blog over the past 3 years. I think I've lost some because I don't comment back in a timely manner. I'll try to do better!

8. Try not to read 300 plus books again this year. Sounds stupid I know. However, I have read over 300 books a year for the past 4 years.  This goes along with # 1. I think reading takes me away from lots of my real life problems. I can focus on reading, instead of issues that depress and anger me.

7. Read more books from authors like Karina Hale, and Sierra Dean to name a few - This really could go with # 10, but I'll separate it. I want to read the Secret Series and the Experiment in Terror series from beginning to end. I want to finish series that I have books for but pushed aside for other things.

6. Create a new and exciting Meme for bloggers to join - This has been on my plate for at least 2 years now. I really think there is room for one more meme. I just need to figure out how to organize my thoughts, and put it to work. Any ideas, I'm all ears!

5. Try to attend at least (1) Book/ Author convention in 2015 - One way or the other, I need to find a way to get rid of my panic attacks so that I can attend this year. Perhaps, I can start with the Coast Con in Daytona.

4. Maintain a 95 percentage on NetGalley, and try to do better on Edelweiss - I really need help figuring out what my rate is on EW. I'll bet you a pickle that it's not as high as NG.

3. Continue to write reviews in a timely manner - Most of these goals are very simplistic. Unfortunately, I am very bad at writing reviews in a timely nature unless it has been requested by a publisher, or an author. I am also bad at writing reviews without thinking that they truly suck. I would love to write a review for a publication and feel satisfied that I gave my best efforts. 

2. Spend less time worrying about page views and followers - I've been saying this throughout 2014, and will continue to do so in 2015. I love page views, but they shouldn't drive the way I blog, or take enjoyment out of it. I love new followers, but won't quit just because I don't have 3000 followers like big blogs do. 

1. Have fun! You would think this one would be the easiest, yet, for me, it has been the hardest over the past year. I am hopeful that my family stays healthy throughout 2015. This includes me and my cat! I am hopeful that more blogs don't close down, and that we, as bloggers, continue to support each other, and stop warring on each other.



7 comments:

  1. Good luck with your reading goals... I hope you read 300+ books in 2015!! Here's a link to my TTT link for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set of goals! I need to be a bit more choosy with the ARC's I request from NetGalley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are great resolutions! I like your #1! I always thinking blogging and reading should be for fun and not a job! Though I totally accept payment and benefits if offered! LOL!

    Good luck with your resolutions!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goals are quite simplistic too. I think sometimes it's easier to have simple, achievable goals. I hope you achieve your goals in 2015. Good luck with the meme idea!My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to comment as much as I can. I learn so much from other bloggers.

    Here's mine: A Little Nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to increase my netgalley rating. I unexpectedly left the country and it kind of shot my rating. :( Anyway, I hear you on that one. And yeah, I think we all obsess too much about numbers on blogs.

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems some of our goals are similar! Sometimes I feel like I need a blogger support group!

    Lisa @ Just Another Rabid Reader

    ReplyDelete