Tuesday, October 8, 2013

*Review* Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells Mysteries #1) by Meg Cabot

I don't normally consider reading Chik Lit when sorting through what books I want to read next. However, I really like Meg Cabot as an author, and I decided to check out the Heather Mills Mysteries series. Now, I am stuck like chuck and needing the next book immediately, if not sooner! I needed a little laugh in my life as well as a platform to expound my hatred for ex's who just won't go the hell away and expect you to bend over backwards and forget about what happened that broke you up in the first place! ::looking around at worthless piece of toad dropping cheaters in the audience::

Tiffany (total 1980's reference) aka Heather Wells, was once a teen sensation who gave concerts at local malls. Her record label dropped her for gaining a "few" extra pounds and Heather's desire to write her own songs. Her mother stabbed her in the back by draining her back account and running off to Argentina with her manager. If that weren't enough, her own father is in jail for trying passing bad checks and her ex fiance, Jordan Cartwright, decided it was okay for another woman to play with his joy stick. What? 

Heather is now 28 years old and living in NYC with P.I. Cooper Cartwright (whom she is hot & bothered over), older brother to Jordan and doing his bookkeeping while working as an assistant director at a residence hall at a New York college hoping that she can start taking classes after her 6 month probation is over. Naturally, nothing comes easy when you are Heather Wells. When two freshmen female students are found dead in an elevator shaft, Heather decides to become her own detective and attempt to solve the deaths before someone else ends up dead since apparently everyone, including the NYPD, truly believes they were elevator surfing.

Size 12 Is Not Fat is a tongue in cheek statement to the media and those who totally believe that anyone who wears anything over a size 12 (Which is NORMAL for American Women) are obscene and fat and worthless. As one of those who wears something over a size 12, I'm glad that there are books like this out there. It gives those of us who have been fighting the battle of the bulge something to cheer for and realize that we are NOT worthless or weak and that we do, in fact, matter to someone.

Next book in series: Size 14 Is Not Fat Either (released November 2006) 

Published December 27th 2005 by William Morrow Paperbacks


Author - Meg Cabot
Title - Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells # 1)
Publisher - William Morrow
Released - December 27, 2005
Genre - Chik Lit, Mystery

3 comments:

  1. I'm not much into chick lit either, but this one does sound kinda interesting. And like you said, Meg Cabot is a awesome author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this and I love how relatable the heroine is. I love chick lit so this is right up my alley. I imagined her to be Hilary Duff when she gained a little weight, it had that quality about it. And she's so self depracating I can't help but love Heather Wells.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book sooo long ago and loved it!

    ReplyDelete