Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Review: Grave Memory by Kalayna Price

Mass Market Paperback, 1st Edition, 373 pages
Released - July 3rd 2012 by Roc
*Thoughts*

I am seriously glad that I took copious notes in order to keep up with the numerous characters that appeared over the course of this story, and what part they played in the final outcome of the storyline. I think we are reintroduced to almost everyone who has played any sort of role in Alex's life since this series was released.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I like the fact that the characters present themselves as either friends or enemies of Alex. I like the fact that Alex is coming to terms with the fact that she's more Fae than she actually realized and she may end up losing the one thing she values most; her membership in the Organization for Magically Inclined Humans (OMIH).

I also love the fact that she and Rianna have come to terms with their relationship since Alex saved her from Coleman's control and are trying to open a PI business called Tongues for the Dead. I also liked where the story was heading with the relationship between Alex and her father who hasn't exactly been the most supportive of parental units. Now that Alex has become more Fae, she needs his help in learning about using glamour and surviving in a world full of iron.

Let me please just say that I loathe the Winter Queen for what she does to Falin Andrews with all my being. I wish this story would play itself out sooner, rather than later. I know her intentions are to lure Alex into her court where she would be under the Queen's thumb. I wish she would declare herself to be independent like Caleb has been trying to tell her for months now.

While I was hating the Winter Queen, I was loving the fact that Death played such an important role in the final story wrap. I am Team Death all the way. How can you not like him? Yes, it's a bit creepy that he's known Alex since she was 5, yet, he has also saved her life numerous times. And, they do have a bond whether readers like it or not.

I am really glad that Rianna, Caleb, Holly and Tamara are such good friends to Alex. Otherwise, I'm not sure if her sanity would be in one piece.

New character, Briar Darque, is trouble with a capital T. She is too nosy, and seems to be trying to out Alex as anything but pure human. I will be interested to see what part she plays in the future of Alex's PI business and her remaining part of the OMIH.

I've been told by Kalayna that she has been approved for 3 more books in this series! That is such amazing news! I am proud of her publisher for sticking with this series and not letting it die by the wayside like so many other series have recently.

After the shocking conclusion of this book, we definitely need to know what is going to happen next with Death, Alex, and Fallon.

No comments:

Post a Comment