Thursday, August 2, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday # 25


Welcome to Friday and another edition of Feature & Follow Friday! As always, your
host(s) are Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. 

This weeks question:

Q; Do your reading habits change based on your mood?
Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?
My answer: 
Excellent question! Seriously, I was just tweeting, yapping, spreading the love about this
topic over the last week. I would say that YES, my reading habits do change based on
my mood. If I am in a terrible mood, I may end up reading something dark. If I am
happy, I may read a YA novel hoping that I'll be able to laugh at the silliness of the
main characters. 

I would love to see your answers! Please let me a link in the comments section and I shall
return the favor ASAP! Also, if you are a new follower THANK YOU! 

Lastly, if you are like me, and LOVE me some giveaways! Check out my Follower
Appreciation Giveaway that I'm doing over the course of the month of August!
Seriously, it's awesome and you get a second chance by clicking on the link
of my buddy blogger!


26 comments:

  1. :) I don't find myself really changing genres, but I do love to read a silly book once in a while. Usually in the summer too!

    Happy weekend! The Brunette Librarian Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, your mood-book habits are almost opposite of mine :P

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great that there are so many different types of books out there? I love books. Great answer! New Follower on GFC.

    Here's a link to mine, Scarlett at Books Before Bed!

    PS- I just saw that you have the Iron Wyrm Affair as currently reading! So jealous!! Is it good? I'm really excited to give it a try ^__^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scarlett! I just received Iron Wyrm in the mail from the publisher. Thought I would try to read it before it comes out on the 7th! I'll try to ensure that my review is posted in a timely manner.

      Delete
  4. I tend to gravitate to favorites when I'm upset, and happy I will choose anything.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice answer! I pretty much read the opposite to how I am feeling, sad=happy and vice versa.

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/feature-follow-friday-3rd-april.html

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. Isn't it funny how many of us like reading dark books when we're upset. You'd think it'd be the opposite.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm usually so into what I'm reading that a mood swing isn't enough to put me off of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My reading habits don't change based on my mood. I like paranormals so that' what I read. And they can usually put me in a better mood!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog here! I love knowing more blogs to follow!

    I followed you via RSS! Hope you could drop by the blog :)

    Jaylyn @ Promiscuos Diva

    ReplyDelete
  10. Find out my answer here:FF/TGIF.
    Happy Friday!
    *New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! Thanks for stopping by and following :)

      Delete
  11. I don't think I read a lot when I'm in a bad mood, but It's nice to know you have many books for your different mood.

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, nice answers. I'm a new visitor to your blog. Happy to follow on GFC. You can find me at: http://todayinshenaya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think the genre changes much with my mood, however I find myself reading more if I am upset or depressed. I hope you have a great Friday! New Follower..
    Ashley @ #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tend to stick to what I'm reading at the time.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! Stopping by from the hop! Get me back at http://nettesbookshelf.blogspot.com

    I would say that mood does not necessarily dictate what genere, but rather if I feel like reading at all. Sometimes I'm just read-out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great answer! I'm a new follower via GFC. You can find my FF at http://madhatterreads.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-and-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete