Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday 02/26/2013

"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

This weeks feature is....Reboot by Amy Tintera!

Why am I waiting on this other than the obvious reason that I love the synopsis
and it's yet another fantastic release by Harper Collins?!


Synopsis

La Femme Nikita meets Maximum Ride in this action-packed debut novel about seventeen-year-old Wren, who rose from the dead as a Reboot and is now the government's top soldier-until she is given an order she refuses to obey.

Wren Connolly died when she was twelve years old. She woke up 178 minutes later as a Reboot. The longer a Reboot is dead, the stronger and less human she becomes when she returns-making Wren 178 the perfect weapon.

Callum 22, on the other hand, is practically still human. He's the worst trainee Wren has ever had, yet there is something about him that makes her feel alive. When Callum refuses to follow a direct order, Wren is commanded to eliminate him. She has never disobeyed before, but now she'll do whatever it takes to save Callum's life.

Wren's voice is captivating, and readers will be swept up in her unlikely romance and glued to the page as she and Callum fight to survive in this dark, alternate world. The first in a two-book series from debut novelist Amy Tintera, Reboot is perfect for fans of Divergent and Legend.

Hardcover, 352 pages
Expected publication: May 7th 2013 by HarperTeen




27 comments:

  1. Ooh I like this. Its very much like Blades of Winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I received an E-ARC from HC today! YAY ME! LOL Now to find time to read it!

      Delete
  2. This one sounds really good. Ive been wanting to read it since I first heard about it. Great pick.
    New follower.
    MY WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica! I appreciate you stopping by and for following me! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I already have this one on my to-read list and I'm really excited about it. I'm looking forward to reading it when it comes out. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading it as well.
    http://somelikeitparanormall.blogspot.com/2013/02/fiery-hot-reads-for-icy-cold-nights_26.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I received a copy via Edelweiss today! YAY! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I agree with you about the synopsis and the cover! Another AWESOME title to add to my growing wishlist! Have a great day and happy reading :)

    http://theparanormaladdictionbookblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-2272013.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wanting to get my hands on this one too. It comes out just before my birthday. Might need to ask for it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reboot makes me super excited. I just hope it lives up to my expectations. I may have to cheat on my TBR and read this sooner than I'd planned. ; )

    Great pick!
    My WoW
    Jessie Marie @ The Daily Bookmark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Jessie! I now have a copy and really want to push it up and read it now!

      Delete
  7. This one is new to me this week, but it does sound action-packed! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy! Appreciate the fact that you stopped by!

      Delete
  8. I'm so excited for this one. :) I almost started it this weekend but I decided I should be a good blogger and read the ones that are due soon. lol Great pick!!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Bonnie! I have this as of today and really can't find an opening with the others I received before it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I am so pumped about this! Sounds really intriguing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds so good! Thanks for sharing!

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like an interesting story. I might read it.

    I'm currently hosting a giveaway on my blog, Breath of Books, of Emily Murdoch's If You Find Me. Stop by if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I quite enjoyed this book! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    Happy reading :)

    http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-wow-school-spirits.html

    ReplyDelete