Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and we all share our thoughts on that topic! I decided it was finally time to jump on board with this wicked fun meme!
For this week on Top Ten Tuesday, the topic is:
Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List: (could be blogging related, book related etc. -- meeting authors, reading x many books per year, finishing a daunting book, etc.)
1. Attend BEA in NEW YORK! Hello! My family is from New York. I AM from New York. Since, I began blogging nearly 3 years ago, I have NEVER BEEN TO BEA, or RT, or ALA, or AAD for that matter! I'm sick of sitting on the sidelines and watching others have fun, while I sit home brooding like a child whose toy has been taken away from her. Some of it is because I have a bit of agoraphobia and hate dealing with people and nonsense.
2. Cut down on reading. Yes, I said cut down on reading. I average almost 380 books a year. That needs to be cut back. I feel as though I am reading because I HAVE to, rather than because I love it!
3. Pull my WIP's out of moth balls and have someone read them, edit them, and perhaps approach agents about representing them. I think they have sat there for far too long now, and after all the research, and money, and effort I put into them, they need to see the light of day.
4. Gain more of a following by being more active in commenting back and participation in giveaways, blog hops, etc. Yes, that is a big fault of mine. I've become numb recently when it comes to giveaways, and blog hops. That needs to cease now!
5. Be more of a honest reviewer. Simple right? Sometimes I really withhold my comments from a book I just read because I don't want to offend an author or publisher to the point where I loose my access to those publishers.
6. DNF books that I find boring or filled with nonsense like rape, and abuse. Listen folks, I have NOT DNF'd a book in over 3 years. Like I said before, I have so many books now, that I feel as though I am required to continue reading instead of taking a day or two off.
7. Create my own blogging meme or feature. I think this has been bantered around before, but I really want to find a unique feature that nobody has seen before. I think this would be awesome!
8. Read more books from authors who I've sort of abandoned in order to read newer authors. I used to have a huge list of authors I follow. I still do, but, I find that as long as Netgalley and Edelweiss offer new titles, I am grab happy!
9. Get more organized with my current stacks of books. Folks, I need help. I need to do a giveaway, or I need to donate whole shelf full of books to the library or someone else. If I am not going to read the books, why am I keeping them?
10. Try other genre's besides my old reliables UF, PNR, Steampunk, etc. I really have tried to do better than this one. If you look at my reads for this year, you've seen me read LOTS of YA, Dystopian, even Historical Romance. I still wont' read BDSM, or LBGT because they just don't really peak my interest all that much.