Monday, March 3, 2014

*Top Ten Tuesday Presents* Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and we all share our thoughts on that topic! I decided it was finally time to jump on board with this wicked fun meme!

For this week on Top Ten Tuesday, the topic is:

Top Ten Popular Author's I've Never Read.

I absolutely apologize to any author that I name on this list. I would love to eventually read your books!

1. Rainbow Rowell: author of Eleanor & Park, and Fangirl.
 
2. Sierra Dean: author of the paranormal romance series Secret McQueen.

3. Neil Gaiman: author of a whole slew of books, and Epic Reads baby daddy.

4. Karina Halle: author of the Artists Trilogy, Experiment in Terror, & Devils. This author will probably cause me to get a whole lot of grief because I have been sent a few of the EIT stories to read, and still haven't

5. Jamie McGuire: author of the Beautiful series, along with Red Hill which I have but have not had a chance to read yet.

6. John Green: author The Fault in Our Stars, and Will Grayson, Will Grayson among others. 

7. George RR Martin: obviously, he wrote the Game of Thrones which I haven't read yet. The fact that the books are ALL over 700 pages scares the crap out of me.

8. Tahereh Mafi; author of the Shatter Me series. Another series that some of my followers will be screaming at me to start, especially since I have had the first book for months now.

9. Michael Grant; author of the Gone series. I really have heard good things about this series. It's just another case of having too many books, and not enough time.

10. Sherrilyn Kenyon, Kresley Cole, Miranda Kenneally, & Sarah Dreisen: all popular writers who have been in the spotlight for their writings. As with the previous 9, good writers, not enough time to read everything that is published.


 


10 comments:

  1. I'm really put off by the size of the Game of Throne series too. It would take me so long to read. I can highly recommend Rainbow Rowell though. My favourite is Eleanor & Park. Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me series is great! I really enjoyed it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will LOVE Neil Gaiman! He's my favorite! Read Neverwhere and be changed for life! Also I just read my first John Green and was blown away!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read a bunch of those either, and didn't know that Neil Gaiman was Epic Reads baby daddy, lol. BUT I have read the Secret McQueen series, and it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael Grant's stuff is really weird...but awesome. I loved his Gone series. I haven't read any George RR Martin either! Dang. Forgot to add him to my list. (I had waaaay more than 10 I could have put on there. I need to do some serious catch up reading on all the old famous ones!) My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't read these either. I only recently started Tahereh's books. Need to move past book 1 though!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will second the rec to read Neverwhere. It really is a great book. And I love George RR Martin. I inhaled his books and read them so intensely that when Dances with Dragons came out, I was totally burned out. I need to catch up eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Word to this list, Shelley! The only one I have read is (unfortunately) Jamie McGuire's Beautiful Disaster. It was just not to my taste but I do want to read Red Hill eventually. My co-bloggers love Karina Halle so I'm constantly getting the side eye for not having read her, lol.

    Christal @ BadassBookReviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha @ Tahereh Mafi. I finally picked that series up this year but I really kind of wish I hadn't. I haven't read John Green either but haven't felt compelled to do so. Contemporary is hit or miss for me. Haven't read Rainbow's YA series but really enjoyed Attachments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought my mom a stack of books for Christmas, one of them being John Green's "The Fault in Our Stars" after all the hoopla I've seen around it. She passed it onto me and I read it week before last.

    OMG! Top 5 all-time favorite. Unforgettable.

    I just went onto Amazon to order John Green's "Looking For Alaska" and Amazon recommended "If I Stay" so I popped onto Goodreads to see what readers are saying about it and, coincidentally, saw your glowing review.

    If you're not afraid to cry, DO NOT MISS OUT on the phenomena that is "The Fault in Our Stars"!

    Oh, yes, and love George RR Martin and Karina Halle. ;-)

    ReplyDelete