Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and we all share our thoughts on that topic!
This weeks Topic is:
Top Ten Words/Topics That Will Make Me NOT pick up a book!
1. Fifty Shades of Anything - I will just come out and say that I would rather take a hammer to each and every single one of my fingers than read that series
2. Rape - As a rape survivor, I am appalled by the use of rape in any setting.
3. Incest - Do I really need to explain my reasoning here?
4. Chick-lit - Sorry, not a fan. Just annoys the living daylights out of me
5. Poetry - I'm sure there are good things about Poetry, just haven't found anything I like.
6. Autobiographies - I figure we have enough reality TV taking up the air waves, why do I need to read about someone I don't even like?
7. Anything implying that it's Twilight-like - Goes towards the reasoning that if I wanted to read Twilight, I would borrow the series from the library and read it.
8. BDSM - Goes towards point number 1 I think. Just don't much care for BDSM under any circumstances. If you like it, enjoy!
9. Love Triangles - Apparently, Young Adult is so obsessed with 3 way love triangles, that it becomes unbearable to read any of the current crops. I automatically deduct a point/rating right from the top.
10. Insta-lust - Goes with number 9 in that I get annoyed with characters who fall in love within the first 10 pages without even knowing why, or who they are falling in love with.
No thank you!
What are your Turnoffs?